Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wet Paper Watercolouring.....Kind of.


Is anyone counting how many days I've posted this week??

This is the 3rd challenge from Saturday night's Cyberstamp, now amazingly enough, I've completed all 3 challenges, it took a few days but I did do it. The 3rd challenge was inspired by this wonderful tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com Wet Paper Watercolouring . I couldn't find my spritz bottle anywhere so had to make do with a cotton wipe and bottle of water.

I also set myself a 2nd challenge. To not use an inkpad anywhere on my card.

Here's how I did it.

1. Coloured my stamp in with markers.
2. Lightly soaked a cotton wipe with water, dabbed over section of paper I wished to stamp on.
3. Huffed on stamp, stamped image.
4. Repeated for the other 2 images.

To create the mottled background is easy, just.

With damp paper from stamping above.
1. Take a dry cotton wipe, using the brush end of the marker allow some ink to soak into the wipe. Add some water, squeeze together to soak ink in.
2. Lightly dab over paper. Repeat with a couple of different colours.

The of course I needed to add a sentiment. So using the marker again, I highlighted the words Cheers To You, from the Lot's of Thoughts set.

It's so much fun to do! Try it, you'll be amazed at the results you can get.

All materials used are Stampin' Up!
Stamp Sets - Both Way Blossoms, Lot's of Thoughts
Cardstock - Brocade Blue, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Accessories - Rich Regal Markers.

No comments: