Friday, February 1, 2008

Merci


With both children now in school, I seem to have plenty of time to play around with my sets. I received this one today and couldn't wait to play with it. It's another one of the Sale-A-Bration sets called Merci. Very pretty. If you didn't already know, the Sale-A-Bration sets are actually die cut. So you don't need to trim your rubber sheets before mounting them. This also gives you a stencil for each stamp.

That's how I created the background for the main image. I stamped the image in Stazon, placed the stencil over the top, and using a drop of Certainly Celery reinker on a plastic sheet and a stiff brush I dabbed inside the stencil. I then came along with a very fine brush and the Ballet Blue reinker and highlighted some of the image. A very simple technique, but very effective.

All material used is Stampin' Up!
Stamp Sets - Merci
Cardstock - Broacade Blue, Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Whisper White.
Inks - Jet Black StazOn, Ballet Blue reinker, Certainly Celery Reinker, Bashful Blue
Accessories - Wide Chocolate Grosgrain.

1 comment:

Corie said...

I love this the colors are so soft and pretty