Saturday, April 7, 2007

Colour Challenge



Today I set myself a colour challenge. I pulled 2 pieces of cardstock at random out of my stash and told myself I must create 2 cards with said pieces. This is what I came up with. I don't know if I'm overly happy with them, and I really stepped outside my comfort zone with the first one.

The 2 colours I had to use were Handsome Hunter and Pumpkin Pie. Luckily on this nice cold Autumn day I was inspired.

For the first card, I dragged out my Eucalyptus Walnut Ink, which I bought ages ago and haven't used very much. I sprayed that on some Kraft cardstock and mixed it with Gold Encore ink from my reinker to give a mottled background that acutally looks velvety. I stamped on that with Chocolate Chip and Encore Gold.

The second card needs no explaining, just basic stamping, tearing and inking. But I like the look of it.

Materials used are
Stamp Sets - Heartfelt Thanks, Greetings Galore
Inks - Encore Gold, Chocolate Chip.
Cardstock - Pumpkin Pie, Handsome Hunter, Night of Navy, Kraft
Other - Black and Caramel Gingham.

No comments: